Confession’s
of Faith
Before
the confession of my words of faith, I would like to refer to Thomas Paine’s
statement: “I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe
otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine.”
I
believe in God, His son Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit who lives within me. This
first, and most fundamental, profession of belief carries all my other ones. My
beliefs all depend, as the 10 commandments of God, explicitly, on the first one.
It is like an immense truth that is to amazing to grasp and because of that has to unfold
itself continually into details resembling how God reveals Himself to us progressively.
When
I say in my faith that I believe in God the almighty Father, maker of heaven
and earth, this is an act of recognition, clarity, diving into the mystery of Whom
is the Beginning and the End of all things. For it is by faith I behold the
Face of God; since I am so limited, only by faith I can transpose my limits to
reach the unlimited divine, and still speaking in our language of quotas, I am
like the river that flows into the sea.
The
faith I believe in has its origin in God, as well as all natural faith, because
I do not believe that there are atheists in this world. There are people who
say that they do not believe in God, though, they believe in something, even if
their beliefs are their own statements; I say this because without faith it is
impossible to exist. Those who do not believe in anything, believe at least in death,
for they self-destruct themselves.
Everything
we are and everything we have, we are and we have because we have received them
or because we have cultivated what we have received. Well, my faith in One only
God was given to me by God himself, through a relationship that I have been
cultivating throughout the years, He is One God, by nature, substance and
essence, although, He is three people in one nature.
I
also believe that the Bible is God’s word. The reasons why I believe in it goes
beyond my faith. By experiencing the life it brings to those who ask to The
Holy Spirit for discernment, then reading it, then living it. “For the word of
God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it
penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the
thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrew 4:12). I believe that the Bible
is the main source of doctrine, whose pages record the historical foundations
of Christianity, although not exclusively. The Christian tradition encompasses
much more than the Bible. It includes the valuable contribution of the great
Christian thinkers and saints, liturgy, devotional treasure accumulated over
centuries and the moral implications of Christian faith in our daily lives.
Although, I believe that the Holy Scriptures contain all doctrine necessary for
salvation and nothing that cannot be read or proved by them can be taken as an
article of faith or as something necessary for salvation.
By
believing in God and in the Bible, I believe that I must love Him with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind (Mathew 22:37), I also need to love
others as I love myself; I need to go to tell the good news about Jesus Christ
and His salvation to everyone I can; I also believe I must live in communion with
my brothers and sisters in faith, and teach to whoever seeks for answers,
preparing myself for it.
Even
though I acknowledge that the human statements about the nature of God are
insufficient to express the whole truth, I encourage the study and research
about the truth in all fields of human knowledge. I do not think there should
be any limit to the study and to the honest investigation, and I favor the use
of reason as a faculty given by God to enrich and expand the revealed truth. I accept
as true that the Holy Spirit guides men in search of truth, enabling the church
to relate human being’s truth with God’s truth revealed in Jesus Christ.
Finally,
it is not what you believe that matters, but what you do with what you believe.
“You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and
shudder.” (James 2:19)
No comments:
Post a Comment