Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reflective essay week 8



 At what moment did you feel most engaged with what you were learning?  Be specific.  Was it in reading the literature, reading a blog post of a committee member, participating in the class discussion forum, writing your own blog post for the week, etc.  Why was this the moment when you felt most engaged?

                I felt most engaged while writing my essay about my beliefs; God is my favorite subject and to share my passion for Him and experience with Him, even in a short essay, was very enjoyable. As the Bible says: “… For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Mathew 12:34. Even though I did not agree with everything said by Thomas Paine, it was very interesting to read his Profession of Belief because He did not just accepted other people’s belief without questioning it for his own faith. I think it is important to search for answers that will reaffirm our faith, I just think he looked for them in the wrong place.     

 At what moment did you feel most distant from what the class was doing and what you were learning?  Again, be specific and explain why.

The discussion board posts without a doubt, because most of my committee did not share their beliefs for one reason or the other, therefore, I could not have the real discussion I expected.

 What action did the professor or another student take that you found most helpful or affirming?

I was confused about the order of the posts and Mervat answered a post I had missed encouraging me to participate. 

What group member's post surprised or taught you the most?  Why?

Llana’s post from The Maryland Committee when she confess being upset about having to share her beliefs. I was so excited about this week’s discussion that I could not imagine that someone could be upset about having freedom to share with so many other people about their beliefs in a school “environment” … usually we cannot profess our faith or start any discussion about religious beliefs, and when it is given the chance to us, I thought it was a moment to cherish and enrich each other, being upset was the most unexpected reaction, although, meditating about it, I could guess now her reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment