As I started class late because of my wedding and the
visit of my family from Brazil, I had a hard time keeping up with the great
amount of reading and writing required by the class. Fortunately I had all my
writings posted by the date required by Doctor Brandon.
I suppose
that because the themes are so broad, I did not realized the necessity of quotations
in my first drafts and in some of them I did not relate, before the revision,
as much to the class’ reading as required later by our professor. I had then, to revise my essays, and unfortunately,
because of my recent illness (pneumonia) that has kept me in bed for one week I
had again less time than desired to go through them.
I consider
that I have participated consistently with the Committee of Correspondence,
although, I am not as prompt with my answers to my colleagues as the rhythm of
the class requires. I think I can try to do better this second half of the
course by checking my email more often throughout the day. I also have started
conversations and followed with discussions that helped me to better understand
the subject of study.
I
believe that to make the conversation more enjoyable I would like for more
people from our New York Committee to participate on them, as the saying goes “The
more, the merrier”. More people, brings more point of views, different
perspectives, more knowledge and it all enriches the discussions.
The readings of the Wikipedia are helpful to
the understanding of the subject, and have been more used by me for the essays
than for the weekly discussions. Our group, especially me, has brought more
personal perspective and contemporary examples to the discussions than relating
directly with the readings. I should probably do better than that and keep
focused on the subject matter. On the other hand, the class announcements have
always interesting facts that makes the subject of study more tangible.
I
am working hard to get an A, although, I understand that this class’ requirements
are greater than I expected, specially the amount of time that the readings and
many responses require and I will have to work even harder to follow up with
the class this second half of the semester, and try to arrange time to work on
some extra credit activities. Hopefully my health will improve so I can devote
more time and energy to the class.
No comments:
Post a Comment